Become part of Gabrieli!
2 July 2018
Gabrieli are currently seeking new Directors to join our Board. We would love to hear from people interested in supporting us to deliver our ambitious projects, advocating for our work, assisting with fundraising campaigns and overseeing the governance of the charity. Having expanded our management team last year to create a dedicated development role, our fundraising has enjoyed a great boost and we are keen to welcome new Directors who will assist us to expand our circle of support further, making new introductions to a wide range of funders.
As a Director, you would be expected to:
- Act as a critical friend to the Artistic Director and management team, offering support, guidance and constructive challenges
- Assist with strategic, long-term planning to realise Gabrieli’s artistic ambitions, whilst responding to challenges and opportunities as they arise
- Leverage your own networks for Gabrieli’s benefit
- Engage actively with our fundraising, championing projects and working to clearly established fundraising targets
- Offer specific guidance in areas of expertise, as agreed with the management team
- Carry out the core responsibilities of charity governance
In addition to helping us to advocate for our work, we are interested to hear from people with the following specialisms:
- Arts Business: An excellent understanding of the arts world, the process of promoting performances and engaging audiences, the funding landscape, repertoire and artists.
- Arts Education: High-level expertise in education, specific to arts and music education, with an excellent understanding of funding and policy decisions.
- Fundraising: Professional understanding of arts fundraising, particularly with regard to engaging with Trusts & Foundations, or running successful Major Gifts campaigns.
- Marketing: Commercial marketing experience, including promotion, social media, website development, etc.
- Press and PR: PR expertise and contacts within journalism
The time commitment is not vast: there are 3-4 main board meetings annually, one of which is an extended ‘away day’. We encourage board members to attend all London performances, and any national or international performances where possible.
For further information, please contact Susie York Skinner, Director of Development: firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7613 4530.